Monday, July 25, 2011

As If A Mom Needs A Reason To Cry . . .

It's as if life around here is being written by Rodgers and Hammerstein; Evie breaks out in tears as often as their movies do songs. So she never really needs a reason for a nice gentle motherly cry. That being said she got this little note in the mail. Needless to say . . .
Dear Mrs. Kornegay,

Hi! I know we haven't met before, but your son and I are sitting here on the grass writing letters, so I thought to myself, "Why not?" So, here I am, writing you a letter.

Things are going well here at the MTC. The food's not bad, the Spirit is strong, and the language isn't too difficult.

Just thought I ought to let you know that your son is a fine upstanding young man, and even though I've only known him for a few weeks, he is someone I really look up to and greatly respect.

Hope everything is well back in Arizona!

Your fellow servant of the Lord,

Elder Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. I'm in tears.
    I love that MAN you raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Lindsey, I feel the same way. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete