Friday, October 21, 2011

October 17, 2011

Hey! 

I loved seeing those emails from Ethan and Emma. I think that Ethan is growing up way too fast, and where did Emma learn to send emails in all those different colors? Tell Ethan I miss him a lot too! I hope he and Emma are doing good. If you got a chance to meet the Stotts that would be so cool. They are both awesome. Laura Schadt's letters might be here in the Philippines but I have to wait until I have a zone conference or training or something like that to get mail. It's too inefficient to have somebody go out and deliver the mail out to missionaries everyday. 

I love Elder Carroll so much. He sent out an email to all of our old MTC district. I loved reading it, it was hilarious. I'll forward it to you. Morgan better write him back and include some pictures from her post half marathon training. Holy crap I miss Taylor Swift so much. Send me Taylor Swift pictures or something. I miss her and everything about music. Surprisingly that is one of the things I miss most is good music, and being able to go for a drive and listen to all the music I want. That's one of the first things on my to do list when I get home.

This week has been really good. Right now we are typing our emails in Daet. We had to come here to withdraw our support for the next two weeks. We have to be in here again on Sunday because it is stake conference. I don't mind the drive though, it's nice. Elder Smith gets so sick in the vans. Everyone here is a horrible driver. If you don't kill someone, you are a good driver. He gets so sick. He doesn't get car sick in the buses though. They go slower and don't pass as many people as vans do. It just takes forever to get somewhere on a bus. 

You also asked if we watched conference. Yes, we watched all sessions. We watched them at the Stake Center but there were 4 brownouts on Saturday so it kept getting interrupted. They were all really good talks though. And the people we gave money to to get to conference was from our own personal money. We are not allowed to give out anything, so we just used our personal money... It was worth it though. 

Today has been good. We did laundry and I got a haircut too. The guy at the place cut it way short though. Its a 2 or 3 on top and a 1 on the sides, I like it though. This week we worked our butts off. We taught 21 lessons which is pretty good considering we were only able to do 8 last week. Last week was so busy with conference and stuff, I'm glad this week was more beneficial for our investigators. On Saturday, we have a baptism! It's for a 14 year old girl and a 19 year old girl. I won't put names in because this will be online but they are so excited to be baptized. I get to baptize them in the ocean. I think this is the Philippine Sea... Also this week I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Chauncey. He is going home today. He was a former AP here and was our district leader as of yesterday. He is an awesome missionary, he taught me a lot. That was a lot of fun. 

Also, we have these cats that keep sneaking into our apartment while we are gone, and while we sleep. Sometimes we get home before they leave.... Lets just say my umbrella serves an extra purpose besides keeping me dry. Those cats are hating their lives right now. We stopped showing mercy the 3rd or 4th time we found them in our house. We are getting screens installed on our windows so that we can keep our windows open at night, and not let bugs or cats in. By the way Ive only seen 3 cockroaches and 0 spiders here. I <3 Paracale. I don't know what I'll want for Christmas. Money would be nice so that I can buy things. I'm starting today to become really tipid. Tipid is Tagalog for frugal. I spend too much money on things I don't really need. Money would be good so that I can continue to buy somethings. If you want to send anything a Taylor Swift shirt is much appreciated. :) Send me her address BTW, I'm sending her a letter, no joke. Thank you for everything, ever! I appreciate it all, especially now. Love you!

Love Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment