Saturday, January 7, 2012

November 28, 2011

HELLO!

Everything is going good here, no worries. I'm having a lot of fun. We actually have 2 people set for baptism on December 24th. I'm excited. I hope they come through though. One of the people set for that day, needs to get married first. That's a struggle. 

As for Christmas, I probably wont get my package until Christmas conference anyways. It takes forever for mail to get to and from here. Plus once it gets here, I have to wait for it to get to my ZLs which can take a while. THEN, I have to wait until I see the ZLs. Don't worry, Ill be lucky to get it by Christmas haha. Also about calling, don't send a calling card. Ive seen one cell phone here. Everyone says missionaries use Skype. Its free to use, and its video chat. Try not to cry to much. I'm not sure when I'll get to call, I'll let you know as that gets closer... 

I had no idea Thanksgiving was this week. Honestly, missionaries live in a different world. I hardly knew it was November!  For Thanksgiving Elder Smith and I might try and make mashed potatoes.  I suggested to Smith that we use boiled bananas instead of potatoes. They are so gross.  They have the same texture and taste as a stale boiled potato. They take all of the happiness out of your day haha. We are for sure going to eat a big deep fried chicken though. Its the closest thing to turkey. Also no one in my area has dinner appointments for the missionaries :(  

Elder Smith is most likely getting transferred from Paracale on Monday. That is when transfers are next. I was told President wants new missionaries to be in their 1st areas for a while. I bet I will be here for 6 months. I will also get my 1st Filipino companion soon (I bet). Once I hit 6 months here in the mission field, the language starts to really click. I've been here for 3 months!! 3 more to go!!

Today we had a Zone activity which was way fun! It was super last minute. We got a text from the ZLs yesterday saying to come to Daet for the night, because we had a ZA (Zone Activity). So we had about an hour to pack and cancel some appointments so that we wouldn't miss the last bus. For the ZA, our zone, President and Sister, and the APs (Assistants to the President) all went out to a beach in Daet. It rained a lot, its a Baguio (typhoon) right now here. It was so fun though. I'll send some pictures when Sister Bliesner sends them. 











On our way there I sat on top of the tricee, and about halfway there it started pouring rain. I was drenched. President and Sister saw me on top of there and slowed down to take a picture. It took forever to dry off but it was so fun. 


One random thing, on our way to Daet last night, our bus was rear ended by a motorcycle. I was sitting on the very back of the bus when it happened. I was one of the first to get off. Both of the riders were OK but were way shaken from it. Their bike was totaled. They should be OK though. 

Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment