Monday, February 20, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hello! I love you all too.

This week has gone by pretty good. We weren't able to teach a lot which bummed me out because it really makes the days here go slower. This coming week is the last week of transfers! Its gone by sooo fast. Elder Balasta has been a good companion, and I will miss him like my other companions. The beginning of this next transfer marks 6 months of me being out in the Philippines, which is 6 months for one area! Its so crazy how fast this is going, I'm really excited to go and see the mission. Im a little nervous because everywhere else in the mission speaks Bicol. Ive had all of my companions teach me some Bicol and its definitely not Tagalog haha.

This week I was reading in Alma, chapter 31 just for kicks, I had time to kill before we left for our District meeting, and it just clicked with me "hey this book is so true." I had never really had that moment before, but I was impressed with it. It was really awesome, after that I couldn't stop reading, it was so easy to focus on the book and the message because normally I get so distracted. I read until chapter 35, before we left for our meeting, then I kept reading when I got back. It was way neat.

Also this story happened a while ago, I don't know if I wrote you about it but we were about to teach a lesson to Joyce when she became a new member. She had already been a member for a couple months. We were talking to Ria Ann before the lesson started, then I noticed Joyce talking to her friend, on the other side of the room (6 feet away), laying down with her friend looking at a magazine. I asked Ria Ann to be quiet for a second so I could hear them. They were looking through the temple edition of the Liahona, and Joyce kept telling her friend, "this is God's house." It made me think that if my mission was to end right then that it would all be so worth it.

This past week, Elder Balasta and I have been doing language study together, something he didn't do before. He said he wants to learn English so that's what we've been doing. He is wanting to pray in English and talk to President in English. He wants me to be President Bliesner so that we can practice his interviews hahahahaha. Its so fun and I love doing it, I am able to translate for him what he wants, then we practice it.

We tried fishing again today, no fish... again. Oh well. When I get back I want to go fish up north for a couple of days and do NOTHING but eat, sleep, and fish.

We are having a FHE on Saturday with some less actives. I will be buying the food. I really want to do it for the people here. We will have some less active members there and everything. It will probably cost 800P. I will withdraw some more personal money next week. How much is in my account to withdraw, I wont withdraw all, just some. Thanks.

I was laying down today after I worked out (I did 200 pushups) and I was thinking about after my mission. I really miss exercising!!! And all of that stuff! When I come home I want to use some of that school money and become a certified personal trainer! I miss it so much, if I had a passion or talent, its probably that!

I will be that and a part time CNA to pay for my schooling, I don't know which yet but I do know that I suck at math and chemistry...lol. Anyways I'm not trunky or anything and am sooo excited to be on my mission, but it was nice to think about it for a while this morning.

Anyways love you

Mom...seriously Im on the other side of the world and I KNOW that you cried/or are currently crying.

Love Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment