Monday, November 5, 2012

October 28, 2012 - PART II

Humans. Whats up?

Life has been good lately. Just doing my thing, being a missionary and all. I love it though. Its crazy that I'm about to head to my 3rd area though! Booya. I got the announcement on Saturday that id be transferred. At first my ZLs lied and said that I wasn't being transferred. They said that Elder Madsen was.....I was a little frustrated but I thought I knew it was what the Lord wanted for me. Then I scrolled down the text page and I saw the word "joke". I then slammed the door and yelled "NO"! After that they sent the real announcements! I was scared it was serious! It would have been crazy if I did 9 months in Baao haha. But ya, I'm transferred! I'm so excited, but at the same time, I'm really going to miss Baao. I almost cried yesterday at Church. I am really going to miss them. A good chunk of members cried, and then they thanked me for my work in their area. I was so grateful. I told them I did what I could but now a new missionary is on his way to Baao, to do that all he can to help them. So many of them gave me gifts. I felt awkward here taking gifts! I told the"no its ok" but they insisted. I feel bad I didn't have anything, but if Church attendance is as good as it was yesterday, every week, I think that will be enough as a gift haha. A nanay gave me homemade tsinelas (sandals), a family made me home made chocolate from an awesome fruit cacao! I love that stuff. I sister shoved a giant brown bag into my bag, and I didn't notice until I got home. It was filled with tons and tons of name brand cookies and some candies! It was not cheap stuff! I am so stinkn grateful. The best part of it was that she wrote a note saying, "Friends forever, this I promise." Man, I almost got teary eyed haha. I am so grateful. By the way that same sister fed Elder Madsen and I at her house this week. It was so good! Fried pork chops and fat, with steamed veggies, rice, and fresh cut pineapple for dessert. So good.Last night we ate at a members house for dinner. Again, almost another crier. Haha. Its kind of hard being assigned in areas a long time. I'm really close to so many people now.

This week has been good. We have been keeping busy with our work, even though we didn't teach as much as we had planned for. A lot of our messages were about enduring to the end, but we shared as well to the needs of our investigators. We are still having trouble getting our investigators, but I'm sure if a new missionary can get in there, especially a Filipino, they will make lots of progress. I had a good time visiting families for the first time. I will miss them so much. Not a whole not to share about those, thew were all super great lessons. 

This week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with E Salas! He is my best friend in the mission, and he is way awesome. He is my ZL here in Ligao zone. We had a great exchange in his area, Polangui. It was awesome. We taught well together, and I learned a lot from him. I'm not sure what else to talk about....

I'm being made a Zone Leader tomorrow :/

I'M TRANSFERRED!!
love me

No comments:

Post a Comment